Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Abundance

For the Christmas of 1999 a friend gave me the book Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  For those of you unfamiliar with the book, it's a yearlong journey down the path of life toward comfort and joy with about a page a day to read and some great tools to help you on the way.  It goes along nicely with my lifelong Pursuit in Excellence.  


I've started reading this book several times in the last 11 years, but life kept getting in the way and by mid-March it was one of the too many things on my list and I give up.  I started the book again this year, and like all the other years I enjoy the good message and the focus on the things that are truly important and bring long-term meaning to our lives. 


Each day's reading starts off with a quote; that's where I found Saturday's quote.  One thing that has stuck with me from when I started it before was the Gratitude Journal.  I do that consistently and have a time set aside each evening for my children to do that too.


I'm hoping to actually complete the book this year.  Not only does it go with my long term goals of being the woman my Heavenly Father wants me to be, but it will help with my word of the year - direction. 


What tools have you found to help you focus on your word of the year?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails