Saturday, October 17, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream

We made homemade ice cream a couple of nights ago. One of my kiddos found a really easy recipe, but it was too sweet. It didn't make much and it was gone before I could take a picture.

A while back, we tried a recipe that had eggs in it. But when we cooked it - so did the eggs. We called it scrambled egg ice cream. It tasted OK, but the texture wasn't quite right. So far my favorite recipe was one I found in a cookbook from the library. Why didn't I make a copy of that recipe?

I need your help with a good homemade ice cream recipe, preferably without eggs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my kids favorite is vanilla=
2 qts half and half
2 cups milk
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups sugar (I only put 1 1/2 cups sugar)

I don't like it to sweet either. Jill

Raejean said...

Thanks! We'll have to try yours next :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails