Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Here's wishing that all you mothers, grandmothers, would-be mothers are showered with love and appreciation!  I hope we can all stick together, and lift each other up.

I thank all the women in my life who have influenced me to be a better mother, especially my own mother.  I'm grateful for all the times she took me with her to spend time with her and her friends and the times she played games with me at night.  I'm grateful we made it through the hard teenage years.  It still amazes me how smart my mom became when I was around 24! Most of all, I'm grateful for the relationship we have now.  She's someone I'm comfortable with sharing my thoughts, feelings, anxieties and joys.  She understands my heartache as I've gone through my own challenges raising children - not to mention the satisfaction she feels, now that I know what I put her through!

May we take some time today to reflect on the blessings of mothers in our lives!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails