Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Recap

I hope all you moms were pampered as much as I was yesterday.  The day started off with a clean house, thanks to all the kiddos pitching in on Saturday.  There was flowers and chocolate at church. My kiddos made me and one grandma grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Somehow I managed to have a little time to do some scrapbooking.  One kiddo made a chocolate cake, and even decorated it!  That same kiddo made a couple of pans of lasagna.  (It was a little harder than expected, so I jumped in at the end to help get it in the oven).  Another kiddo made homemade ice cream, a rare treat.  My oldest brought chocolate covered strawberries, salad and made the french bread.


There were gifts revolving around my interests, a little sprucing up of the bathroom, a book on writing and a shopping trip.  I enjoyed the thoughtful service and time spent with my family.  I spent time with my mom and an impromptu visit from my mother-in-law.  We even lured my step-dad to play a game of Apples to Apples, which may not sound like much to you but this is the forth time he's played a game in about 30 years!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails