Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poetry Contest Results

My hubby was just asking "What ever happened with that poetry contest you entered?"  I didn't expect to win, I didn't even figure I would hear anymore about it.  Lo and behold, when I checked my email, there was the nicest "You didn't win" email ever.  Not that I get a lot of "you didn't win" emails, because I don't enter very many things I could win.  But I truly felt like my submission was appreciated! ...just like everyone else's :)

So for all of you who are anxiously waiting to read my "not the winner" poem, here it is!

Can’t Slow Down

Too much to do,
Have to keep running fast,
No other way to get through.

Just trying to meet the needs
Of my family, school and church,
Maybe some time for me too.

I'll rest just around the next bend,
Or when the next holiday is through.
Only to find there is still much more to do!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails