Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feild Trip: Oceans

Two of my children have been learning about oceans in school, so we went on a field trip to watch the new movie "Oceans".  I like to learn about nature and the wide variety of animals and their habits, but some documentaries are pretty dry.  "Oceans" had a good flow and didn't put me to sleep!  Sometimes it was the opposite; the movie covered so many different creatures and locations that there was just a teaser of information.  We learned a little about animals I never knew existed like the Marine Iguana who lives on the Galapagos Islands, and the Leafy Sea Dragon.  


I was amazed at how much my kiddos already knew!  When the movie mentioned the Stone Fish, they told me about how quickly its venom could kill.  It's nice to know they are paying attention in school!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails