Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happily Ever After

I heard once that the secret to writing a good story is putting your main character in a situation they would least want to be.  When my children have complained about a villain of a story, I've even told them there wouldn't be much of a story without the villain.  And yet, how often do you feel sad at the end of a book because you don't want it to end.  Wouldn't it be nice to spend more time in the "happily ever after" part of the book?


The older I get and the more hard times I see, the more I think I might like that boring book with no villains and no trails.  I'm curious to see how long I could stay interested in a book with one joyous event after another.  Maybe that story would make me sad because it would be so far from my reality.  

For now I'll settle for the escape to another time, another place and another set of challenges is just what I need to appreciate my own challenges.  I posted our latest book club adventure over at Arizona Mama.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails