Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Quandry

I've been thinking about St. Patrick's day for a couple of weeks, trying to think of a way to make it fun for the kiddos.  None of the crafts have really grabbed me and I'm still wore out from all the cooking I did on Pi day.  So how does a wore out mom, who can't get into the spirit of the Irish, celebrate?

I am wearing my green duct tape bracelet.  Every year I'm surprised by how little green I have in my wardrobe!


DLTK shares a little about the holiday and a story about St. Patrick and the snakes.  I also found a word search, my kiddos usually like those.  Enchanted Learning has a fun challenge; find a green thing that starts with each letter of the alphabet.  They even have a sample answer sheet.  Family Fun has a physical challenge of letting go of the gold and a couple of fun Gaelic Games.


If I could have made my brain work sooner, we could have learned about Ireland or read more Artemis Fowl.  I think I'll issue a journal challenge - what would you do if you found a pot of gold?

2 comments:

Monica Grondin said...

You used to make us green milk! And pancakes if I remember right.

Raejean said...

I think I stopped using green food coloring after I added it to Top Ramen, it was just wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails