Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Is More Than the Gifts!


This morning I was reading a series of short Christmas stories on Latter Day Woman.  There was one story called A Happy Christmas by Lori Nawyn that especially touched me.  She talked about there being two kinds of people at Christmas, those who focus on the gifts and those who focus on gratitude.  I'm not sure the distinction is so clear.  I know there are times every Christmas season that I yearn to give more and there are times when I can focus on the joy of the season.  But I do agree that I feel His peace and comfort when I focus on the greatest gift of Christmas.

This is the gift I want to give my children at Christmas, the Savior's birth is the gift - everything else is the icing on the cake!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails