Sunday, December 12, 2010

Family Home Evening: The Good Samaritan

While not a typical Christmas story, our lesson about the Good Samaritan fits well with the Christmas season.  It's a story of kindness, compassion and service.  Isn't that what Christmas is supposed to be about?  I don't know about you, but this year I'm struggling to keep the excitement and joy of the season in my heart.  That's why I especially appreciated reading the parable of the Good Samaritan.  After we read the story, the snowflake ornament Grandma sent last Christmas was pulled out and is currently floating around the house with many simple good deeds.  


Our activity was decorating the Christmas tree - and the banister.  I think my tree is shrinking; it can't seem to hold as many ornaments as last year!  When I worked in the Christmas department at Macy's before we had children, we were trained how to load the branches with more ornaments than seemed humanly possible.  Next year, I'll have to train my kiddos to do the same to fit all our precious ornaments on the tree - and the banister.


We enjoyed some Christmas fudge for our treat.  I love the recipe on the marshmallow cream label! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails