Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Home Evening: Fasting

Our lesson was on the importance of fasting with prayer - otherwise it's just going without food with no benefit.  If I'm going to miss a couple of meals, there needs to be a benefit.  When I start my fast with a prayer, I have a purpose in mind of what I'm fasting for.  Usually I fast for a clearer understanding of a principle or challenge.  I often pray for those around me who are struggling to find their way. Whatever my purpose in fasting, prayer is an essential ingredient.


For our activity we played a few rounds of Harry Potter Uno, with slap and zero rules.  I think this version of Uno is even more fun than the original.
 
The ever important treat was these delicious Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies and ice cream.

Chocolate on my Cranium and other bloggers are focusing on the Family Proclamation.  It was released 15 years ago on September 15!  Time sure flies.  I've been touched by the stories and thoughts shared the last few days.  I encourage you to stop by and see for yourself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails