Monday, September 6, 2010

Becoming Naomi Leon Book Club

A new article about our Becoming Naomi Leon book club is up over at Arizona MamaThis book is by Pamela Munoz Ryan.  This book just screams book club, because there are so many great activities to associate with the meeting.  


One of the comments I received on one of my posts at Arizona Mama was about how much fun a person would have with these kinds of activities, when her daughter was older.  I agree that the activities to do with older kids can be more interesting, but there are so many ways to incorporate a family book club with younger kids.  I centered activities with my preschool kids around a certain book.  I remember having teddy bear picnics, singing songs, making food and crafts that tied to a certain book.  We can teach children to love learning by showing them how inter-connected the different parts of our lives really are to the things that they consider interesting.


One of my points with my writing is to give mom's ideas to build those fundamental values we all want our kids to have as part of their fabric.  There isn't one way to teach our children or raise our families.  The more resources and ideas we have, the more effective parents we can be for our children.

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Your blog is so uplifting with great ideas! Thanks for the birthday wish!

Raejean said...

Thanks for the compliment! I feel the same way about your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails