Monday, June 1, 2009

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies and Other Goals

It's a new month, time to turn another page on the calendars! I like to evaluate how I did on my goals for the previous month. I did pretty good. I didn't meet them all, but I exceeded a couple of others - so I guess it all balances out.


For my scrapbooking challenge, I not only completed the 10 remaining layouts for 2007, I also finished 3 layouts from 2008! Those of you who joined in the fun, how did you do?



Yesterday, I made my Chocolate Thumbprint cookies. They got a bunch of thumbs up from the gang here, too bad you missed out Monica. Everyone will enjoy eating yours! Here's the recipe for those of you who are interested.


Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies


1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 Tbsp. milk


In one bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder; set aside. In another bowl, beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract; add the dry ingredients, mix well. Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls 2-inches apart (the cookies do spread a little) on an ungreased cookie sheet. Push in the center of each ball with your thumb to make an indentation, dip your thumb in flour as needed to get a nice deep impression. Heat chips and milk in saucepan until the chocolate is melted. Stir this mixture until smooth. Spoon the chocolate into each indentation. You’ll have enough chocolate sauce to “overfill” each indention. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies look "dry". Cool on racks. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


So what new recipes are you trying? My family would be grateful for something new!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails