Monday, January 18, 2010

The Best Frosting Ever!

I made Red Cake last night. The frosting has a base that has to be cooked to make the frosting thick and spreadable. I've always struggled with the frosting, usually because I don't make the base thick enough. When I do make it thick enough, I can't seem to get the lumps out or get a smooth consistency.

Last night's frosting was the best I've ever made! There were still a few very small lumps, but overall it was creamy and had a great consistency. Hubby contends it was because that was the first time he ever helped make it and he put the vanilla in a step early. I think it was because I didn't let the base cool all the way down and I beat it a lot longer than usual. I also used real butter. Maybe it's just all the years of practice finally paying off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails