Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Top Ten

On New Year's Eve we spent some time reviewing our Top Ten Favorite Things of 2008, before we listed our Top Ten Favorite Things of 2009. It was interesting to see what stood out to everyone.

Later on in the evening, we reviewed the Top Ten Favorite Things We Hoped to Happen in 2009 and compared how we did. I had a goal to read 20, including the Doctrine and Covenants. I'm happy to say I read 31 books total. I met some family goals. I was unable to weigh less at the end of 2009 than I started it. I progressed on the piano and completed a couple of college classes. I finished scrapbooking 2008 on New Year's Eve around 3:30 in the afternoon, but I finished by the end of the year! I didn't accomplish all the writing and family history goals I set, but I have a more realistic idea of what I can accomplish.

This year's Top Ten is similar. Read 30 books, including the Old Testament. Lose weight. Continue progressing with the piano, family history research and my writing. Take a couple more college classes (maybe I can get my degree before I'm 50). Finish scrapbooking 2009 by the end of November. There are also a few spiritual goals.

What are your goals for the New Year? Now that I have mine, I'm establishing a plan to achieve them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails