Friday, January 8, 2010

Writer's Block

It's been almost a month since I wrote an article for the Homemaking Cottage. I wanted to get a jump on it for January and had a few article ideas floating in my head. Every time I sat down to write something this week, or to even choose a topic to write about, the ideas just swirled around in my head and I couldn't get anything on paper. I'd given up again yesterday, then a few of the ideas gelled. I figured I better get them on paper while I could. Once I started writing, I couldn't stop. I ended up being an hour late to volunteer in the kiddos classroom, fortunately the teacher didn't have too much for me to do. Today I'm hoping to have a chance to look at what I wrote to see if it is even any good.

I don't know the process other writers have, but I like to put everything on paper and leave it for a day before I go back and edit. My hubby offered to do some editing for me, but I don't want anyone else to read it at this stage. He was teasing me about not wanting to show everything I write to everyone I know. I guess he's right in a way. I'm reluctant to share what I write, especially with people I know - they might think I'm weird. OK, everyone who knows me knows I'm weird, I just try not to confirm the fact too often.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails