Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Preparations Continue

I tried to control my frenzied thoughts about people coming into my home and it not being all that I want it to be. But, since there was a Saturday without any specific plans, I decided to paint a wall. My hubby even jumped in to help me!

It was a wall that had a large 3-foot by 4-foot patch of the last color we tried, but didn't like. I had a free sample of paint from the summer that was enough to paint the whole wall, even the yucky flat, white paint that the house came with when we bought it. The color is lighter than I would have picked if I have more choices, but I like it - or maybe I just like the clean uniformity!

I'll have to live with the color for a few weeks before I make a final decision. I hope I like it, then next time we have time, motivation, and some money for paint - we'll know what color to buy!

If the painting wasn't enough, I even cleaned my fridge and organized a few other things here and there. My family may not like me being frenzied before a party, but they do appreciate having a cleaner house.

2 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Yay! We get to see you guys this week! And your wall! :)

Raejean said...

I can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails