Saturday, June 25, 2011

Media Mayhem: SONGS

We interrupt our regularly scheduled posts to play along with RJR Daydreamer and his Media Mayhem Blog Hop.  Today's theme is songs.  I don't think I can pull off the level of coolness as Mr. Daydreamer, but here's three songs that come to mind this fine Saturday morning.  I don't know that I would call these my favorite songs, because favorite is often overused at our house.  We have hundreds of favorites in just about every category imaginable.  I think I'll stick to songs that make me want to dance around the house.  Yes, I only dance around the house.  Anywhere else would be too embarrassing for my kiddos (and me).


  • I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, but I can't help but dance when I hear her song Poker Face - especially in the Percy Jackson movie.
  • Smash Mouth's All Star is another song that calls out the be bop in me.  Everyone looks good with their fingers in the shape of an "L" on their forehead.
  • We'll finish off the list with a blast from my high school days; Brian Adams' Kids Wanna Rock.
There's still time to join the fun and start with three songs of your own!

6 comments:

John Teal said...

3 interesting choices, Mr Adams could have been on my list, but it would have been "summer of 69" even my kids know all the words to that one !
All star I know from Shrek more than the original. As for the Gaga lady some of her stuff is good some I don't like, I see her as being this decades Madonna.

Julie Flanders said...

Hi Raejean! I just discovered your blog through the hop, it's great to meet you. Your song choices are fun! I'm like RJR, "Summer of 69" is my fave Brian Adams song. :)

Anonymous said...

Visiting from the blog hop....interesting choices...I like one or two of Gaga's (I always giggle when I say her name) songs...especially born this way...
hope everyone is feeling better at your house.

Amber said...

Hi there poppin in from the blog hop. I love All Star it makes me feel good. I think it can't help but to put an extra beat in your step. Great to stop by!

Raejean said...

I used to sing along with that whole Bryan Adams album. I'd have to say Somebody was my favorite, but Kids Wanna Rock made me move.

I'm glad you enjoyed my make me move songs.

And yes, everyone is healthy again. Thank goodness.

Eliza Wynn said...

I'm not familiar with any of these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails