Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Remember

This morning I was worrying about if we were going too slow for the person driving behind us. I remembered a time when I was learning to drive on a steep, curvy canyon road; an impatient driver passed me on a blind curve. It totally unnerved me. While I'm not a very aggressive driver, I do occasionally get impatient with slow drivers. I was remembering my reading of In Praise of Slowness by Carl Honore last October. I was trying then to slow down on the road, and in life. How quickly I've lost that focus in both areas. I'm already back to rushing at full speed, trying to get it all done, expecting the same of those around me.

Thankful for the reminder I will slow down, do my best, and be satisfied with my efforts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So easy to slip back into the bad old habits. Especially on the road. Stay firm, hold your nerve and reconnect with your inner tortoise. Slow is the way to go...Carl Honoré

Raejean said...

Thanks for stopping by Carl! I'm glad to get occasional reminders of where I want to be and encouragement to keep trying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails