Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cake Mix


I was going to make cupcakes the other day, but I didn't have any cake mix in the pantry like I usually do. Even though there is a grocery store nearby, it still seems to take me 20 minutes to pick something up "real quick". I decided to pull out the old (and I do mean old) Betty Crocker cookbook and whip up a batch from scratch. It took me around 15 minutes to get them into the oven, less time than it would have taken me to go to the store.

Then I started wondering why I don't do this more often. I can still stock up on cake mixes when they are super cheap, but it's not expensive to make cupcakes from scratch. It doesn't take much extra time and its not hard. My chocolate cake is made from scratch and it's my favorite.

Not that cupcakes are healthy, but I know the cupcakes I made do not have any high fructose corn syrup. All the ingredients were simple things like flour, sugar, milk and vanilla. The only ingredient that is questionable is the margarine. So homemade cupcakes are healthier.

Most importantly cupcakes from scratch disappear just as quickly!

2 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Wahooo for homemade!

Raejean said...

It's funny how that usually tastes best :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails