Sunday, March 28, 2010

Family Home Evening: Holy Ghost

Our lesson was taken from the 2nd Virtue experience in the Personal Progress book.  We read John 14:26-27; John 15:26; 2 Nephi 32:1-5: D&C 45:57-59; D&C 88:3-4; and D&C 121:45.  We had a good discussion about the things we must do to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost with us everyday.  We also discussed the blessings that come from having the Holy Ghost with us, including eternal life.  I think D&C 121:45 is my favorite verse, of those we read.  I love the idea of "virtue ganish(ing my) thoughts unceasingly" and my "confidence wax(ing) strong in the presence of God".  I'm so grateful for the blessings that come from the gift of the Holy Ghost!  Through him, we can be comforted through trails, and receive knowledge and strength.

We finished off Family Home Evening with some delicious Snickerdoodles that I didn't have to cook.  (Doesn't food somebody else cooked always taste better?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails