Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Drawer #22


Today's drawer is "Gifts to Jesus". Every December we have a Family Home Evening lesson about gifts. We end the lesson by reading last year's gifts to Jesus. I encourage the kiddos to choose a gift they want to work on until next Christmas, write it on a piece of paper and put it in the Christmas Jar. We leave the jar out all year and make time to read through the gifts a few times throughout the year, to keep us motivated on working on them.

I was very happy with how well I did on last year's gift. I chose to write in my journal every week. I don't quite get to it daily, but I do it most days a week; and I've built journal time into our nightly routine, so the kiddos are writing in their journals most nights too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails