Saturday, December 12, 2009

Drawer #12

Today is a party! Our Ward (or church congregation) is having it's annual Christmas party. I love parties! I've always dreamed of being the type to throw fun parties. While I can pull together a pretty cool children's birthday party and I've been known to hold the occasional baby shower, I haven't thrown a full blown party party. The number one reason is the whole time thing. I think it's so sad that we as a society are so busy that we have trouble making time to spend time with our friends. I don't know about you, but spending a little time with friends is a big stress reducer which I don't do very often because I'm too stressed. Do you see the vicious cycle here? Which brings me back to why I love a party. I'm hoping tonight will reset my stress point (that and finally getting my Christmas cards out) and I will be able to take a deep breath and enjoy the season more fully.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails