Monday, September 7, 2009

Library Additions

Author Shannon Hale, on her blog squeetus, talked about being on the library committee for her child's new school. She was asking for reader's submissions of their top five books to be included in the library's collection. I was thinking how much fun it would be to fill a library. Then I realized it would be hard to have fiction for all the different grade levels, plus meet the non-fiction needs, and stay in budget.

But still the idea of buying what you wanted to with someone else's money... Just for fun, if you had a $100 gift card to Amazon for books only, what would you add to your library?

Here's my list:
Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick $10.87
Three Cups of Tea by Sarah Thompson $8.09
The Actor & the Housewife $16.32
Gethsemane by Andrew Skinner $18.95
1776 by David McCullough $12.96
Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini $18.97
Another Green World by Richard Grant $12.44
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser $8.00

OK, so I went a few dollars over. But, I wouldn't want to have money left on the gift card :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, I feel bad that I haven't even heard of several of these books! I have no idea what I'd add, especially now that I'm feeling so uneducated and illiterate! ;)

Raejean said...

I guess it's official: I'm a book nerd!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails