Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Home Evening: The Plan of Salvation

The 6th Faith experience in the Personal Progress book discusses the Plan of Salvation.  My favorite resource for teaching the Plan of Salvation is the lesson from Preach My Gospel.  I like the detailed overview, and the short, medium and long lesson plans.  Not only is this a great tool for missionaries, but it's a great tool for parents as well.  We can choose a lesson plan based on age and maturity level. 



There is a small diagram in the Preach My Gospel manual, but we pulled out this one from our FHE drawer.  I let the kids hold up the part I was talking about to keep them involved and interested.  Sometimes, I bypass lessons like this because I think my children already have a firm grasp on the plan.  I'm grateful for the counsel of our leaders to continue to repeat the basic principles. I understood the wisdom as my family discussed this basic principle.  I saw my children's understanding enlarge, and I felt the need to refocus my life on Heavenly Father's plan.  It is so easy to get distracted by all the good things in the world and neglect the best things.


Our activity was a game of Clue.  

We had homemade caramels for a treat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails