Sunday, July 11, 2010

FHE: Prayer

Today's lesson comes from the Faith in God booklet, under the "Learning and Living the Gospel" section. We discussed the purpose of prayer and how it protects us and helps us stay close to our Heavenly Father.  

I love when my children teach the lesson for a couple of reasons.  One, it helps me to know if they truly understand gospel principles. Two, their lessons can be so simple and still very effective.  Sometimes their lessons are more complex than I expect and I'm floored by the connections they make from one principle to another.  But overall, their lessons are so pure, and the spirit is very strong.


Our activity was another one stolen, I mean borrowed, from a previous Sunday School lesson that showed how much easier life is when we know the pattern to follow.  We can find the pattern in the scriptures. Life will still have obstacles, but they will be easier to overcome if we know the pattern.


It's not Family Home Evening, without a treat.  A yellow cake with chocolate frosting hit the spot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails