Thursday, October 22, 2009

Irritable?

I get cranky from time to time, shocking I know! Sometimes the kids set me off, or a rude cashier. Other times, I am grumpy and I can't figure out why. I usually assume it has something to do with my environment, or occasionally it could be hormones.

But maybe it's my diet. Irritability is listed as a symptom of thiamin and magnesium deficiency. And depression is a symptom of vitamin C, selenium, niacin, and vitamin B6 deficiency. Tuna is a good source of thiamin, niacin and B6. Beans, nuts and seeds are good sources of magnesium and selenium. We all know orange juice is a great source of vitamin C, but so are red and green peppers, broccoli and strawberries.

While a multi-vitamin is beneficial if your diet isn't what it should be, use caution when using vitamin supplements. There are many vitamins and minerals we can only achieve unhealthy toxicity levels through supplementation.

On that note, it's time for me to find some healthy food to put into my body!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is something to think about. I always feel better when I eat better. However, I think to help my irritability I just need more daily dosages of green. And by that I mean $$$.
Oh well, I'll stick to Tuna in the meantime.

Raejean said...

Sounds like you need a little retail therapy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails