Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Favorites: July 15

It's been a big week for our family as we entered a new stage of life!
  • My favorite of the week (OK, the year) is being a grandma!  So much fun and way less pain involved than becoming a mother.
  • Settling back into being at home; including my sleeping in my own bed and using my own shower.  It's the little things that comfort me.
  • My awesome neighbor taught me I should have harvested my lettuce sooner; that's why it tasted bitter.  Then she showed me how to harvest the seeds.  I'm ready to try again after the summer heat breaks!
There's other cool things going on in the blog world too.
  • I love this all purpose card at Think Fast.
  • Check out these black and white parfaits Celebrations at Home shared.
  • I Heart Faces has a great post about cake smash photography.  I started reading Your Baby in Pictures by Me Ra Koh.  The post and the book go well together.  I was fortunate to hear Me Ra Koh speak at evo '11.  I enjoyed hearing her inspiring story.  It was empowering to realize creativity, in all its forms, is therapeutic. It helps us to make sense of the world around us and our place in it.  I've always enjoyed photography, and now its more meaningful to give it a purpose and direction through my children and grandchild.
What are you loving this fine Friday?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails