Thursday, November 12, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

Last night for part of our National Young Readers Week celebration, I had a little scavenger hunt. Everyone got a list of random items. The twist was to find a book that talked about the item or had a picture of the item. One of the items was soap, so the scavenger hunter pulled "Becoming Naomi Leon" because soap has a major role in the book. I had dog on my list, so I pulled one of the McGrowl books. For ball, I found a picture of a football in "Pigsty" (a fun picture book).

Here's a sample list: String, Ketchup, Ribbon, Straw, Clothespin, Cup, Nail, Sock, Cereal, Napkin

We only had 10 minutes for our scavenger hunt. I was hoping to have more time, but life happened. The under 10 crowd got into the spirit of the game, while the older kids got overly competitive. If I were to do it again, I'd probably stick to the younger kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails