Friday, August 7, 2009

A Long Journey

The best thing I like about this blog is it keeps me thinking about what I'm doing every day to work towards excellence. It's a really long road! And sometimes I don't think I'm making much progress - OK, a lot of the time I don't feel I'm making any progress. I was reflecting on what I've done the last couple of days, it seemed a little repetitive. Then I realized a lot of this journey is maintenance! It's not good enough to read our scriptures once, check it off "the list", and never open them up again. As much as I would like to clean the bathroom once and have it stay that way perpetually clean, life doesn't work that way. And as much as I want to be this person I see in my mind's eye, I still make mistakes and bad choices - a lot of them!

So even if it's not very interesting, the last couple of days I've cleaned my bathroom, the fridge and the pantry (again). The clean floors from an earlier post, well they aren't so clean anymore. Hopefully I can revisit them next week. I've practice the piano, exercised, and read. I even finished a couple of scrapbook layouts.

The highlight of the last couple of days is an article I'm working on for the Homemaking Cottage. The idea hit me and the first draft just flowed. I love it when that happens!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails