Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Book Review - Three Weeks with My Brother

I recently finished reading Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks. I know many who love his books, but this was the first one I've read. I saw the movie of The Notebook on TV once and it wasn't my favorite, so I had no desire to read the book and pretty much wrote off any of his books. After reading about Nicholas Sparks' life and getting a sense of his personality, I will give his books a chance.

What hit me the most about this book is that hard things happen to everyone and life goes on. The true test of a person is how they proceed through those challenges. As Nicholas' mother says "Life's not fair" and "What you want and what you get are two different things". I love the reminder that many people faces trying situations and keep pressing forward, can create something wonderful, and bless the lives of others. I believe if you see someone who seems to have everything going for them, you just don't know them well enough.

This book not only has a great perspective, but I also love the humor. I got a few odd looks from my family when I would laugh out loud while reading. It's definitely worth reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails