Monday, November 22, 2010

I am Every Woman

We women are a varied group, but we often have so much in common.  Women seem much more likely to be going in 10 different directions at the same time.  I know my interests are varied and there are so many things I want to learn and skills I want to acquire, that I have a hard time focusing on any one thing at a time.  

A quick peak at my blog's thought cloud shows some of the range of my interests.  Many overlap, but there are over 20 interests that I've talked about on my blog in the last year and a half!  And I'm not the only one, although some bloggers are good at keeping their blogs to one subject - but they often have multiple blogs for other interests.  

I don't see men having so many or so varied interests.  No wonder women in general are overwhelmed so much of the time!  We want to be so many things, we want to keep learning and improving our selves.  And we want to be good at everything (or is that just me?)  


I think it's interesting that a typical "woman's magazine" like Better Homes and Gardens primarily focuses on cooking and decorating the home.  While many of us are interested in these things, we are often interested in much more.  I thought about how many magazines would it take to cover all of my interests.  And where would I come up with that kind of time to read them all?  It would be nice to have  all my interests in one place.

What would would your perfect magazine look like? 

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I don't read magazines anymore because I read blogs. It's so fun to read about people's interests and learn little pointers and trivia about a bunch of topics. Sometimes I feel totally scatterbrained trying to incorporate all this information into my mind, though.

This is a great post!

Raejean said...

I've been reading a few online magazines lately. I like the idea of new snippets on my favorite interests on a regular basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails